[Soci SLIP] linus torvalds alla ricerca di un terminale in gnome 3

loredana llcfree a gmail.com
Dom 21 Ago 2011 14:50:19 CEST

Devo dire che mi sento meno sola ad imprecare contro le "nuove"
interfacce utente. Non traduco, riassumo: sono gli
sviluppatori ad esser deficienti, non gli utenti. E anche lui si
arrabbia perche' non trova il terminale. E possiamo star
certi che non e' ne' un deficiente ne' un integralista. Buffo che si
arrivi alla stessa conclusione: se davvero ci vuole
X, allora sia Xfce, anni luce meglio del nuovo "gnome".

Buona lettura, Loredana

Da: http://tinyurl.com/3udvfy8

Why can't I have shortcuts on my desktop? Why can't I have the expose
functionality? Wobbly windows? Why does anybody sane think that it's a
good idea to have that "go to the crazy 'activities'" menu mode?

I used to be upset when gnome developers decided it was "too
complicated" for the user to remap some mouse buttons. In gnome3, the
developers have apparently decided that it's "too complicated" to
actually do real work on your desktop, and have decided to make it
really annoying to do.

Here's an example of "the crazy": you want a new terminal window. So
you go to "activities" and press the "terminal" thing that you've made
part of your normal desktop thing (but why can't I just have it on the
desktop, instead of in that insane "activities" mode?). What happens?
Nothing. It brings your existing terminal to the forefront.

That's just crazy crap. Now I need to use Shift-Control-N in an old
terminal to bring up a new one. Yeah, that's a real user experience
improvement. Sure.

I'm sure there are other ways, but that's just an example of the kind
of "head up the arse" behavior of gnome3. Seriously. I have been
asking other developers about gnome3, they all think it's crazy.

I'm using Xfce. I think it's a step down from gnome2, but it's a huge
step up from gnome3. Really.